Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What happened to funny?

Really....what happened to funny. I love jokes. Simple jokes that are funny because they are just plain funny or punny. Not dirty, crass, inappropriate humor.

I am working on a homemade joke book for my dad for christmas. I would have to say that he is one of the funniest people that I know. And I don't think that I have ever heard a dirty, racist, or inappropriate joke from him. Of course I have included some of his personal jokes...but in my quest for new material I have been sorely disappointed with the jokes out there these days.

Maybe I am getting old and I'm just not hip anymore. I have reached the ripe old age of 26 and I can't laugh at something just because it is gross or so out there. Where has funny gone?? Until we find it...here is a little something.


A women gave birth to identical twins but was not able to care for them. When she gave them up for adoption one was sent to Egypt and named Amal. Then other was sent to Mexico and named Juan. Many years later she received a picture of Juan in the mail. She was so happy to see her son but wanted also to have a picture of the other. When she told this to her husband he replied "Well, if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal"


A three legged dog walked into a bar and shouts in a gruff voice "I'm looking for the man that shot my pa"

Please share some good ones with me for my book!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

What a great idea! Having a 7 year year old helps though, here are a couple from Cole's personal homemade joke book.....

What do you call cheese that's not yours? NACHO CHEESE! HA HA HA

Where did the toads truck go? It was towed!

I'll get some more out him soon!