Fall is here! The leaves are changing, the weather has cooled, and the holidays are fast approching. This is my favorite time of year....or at least it was when I was little. I love raking leaves, scarfs, the sweet smells of the holidays, a prefectly wrapped gift, a pumkin spice latte, and all the wonderful things that come along with this season.
But for every year older I get, this season has been steadily losing the magic that once made me love this time of year so much. Now when I think of the holidays I think of long lines, too many obligations, never enough money for all the gifts to buy....but always a HUGE sale at every store, crowds, angry-pushy people, high expectations, greed, and the list goes on.
This year I am saying enough. I will not wait in long lines to buy a gift that I settled on simply because it was on sale. I am going to take things slow and enjoy this time with my family and close friends. I will take the time to smell the freshed baked Gingerbread cookies. And get back to what is important.
Christmas this year is going to be a homemade Christmas. I have already started working on some gifts and have a ton of ideas for more. I hope you will get some inspiration from my families simplified christmas or a good idea or two. And I hope to get some good ideas from all of my friends as well.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment