Monday, October 20, 2008

Artist for a Date

This Saturday Shawn and I had a rare opportunity for a date. We went to Artist for a Day by Edwards to make a present for his Aunt and Uncle for Christmas. In an effort to save some money this Christmas we were able to get a present and a date for one price.

Our intention was to make 2 popcorn bowls, one for his parents and the other for his Aunt and Uncle, but because the prices were pretty high we decided to make 2 smaller bowls...one for the Aunt, one for the Uncle.....and then just figure out something cheaper for his parents.

We had a really fun time. I have done the paint your own pottery thing a few times but this was Shawn's first. I was nice to sit and talk (which you can't do at a movie) and do something a little different. We laughed a lot and enjoyed each others company.

We ended up paying about $30 for everything. Each bowl was $10 and then you pay a $6 studio fee for each person. But when you think about the cost of a movie and figure we got a present out of it too it wasn't really that bad.

By the way for anyone who is interested this coming weekend, the 24th and 25th, there is no studio fee which will make it cheaper. And a friend was telling me to ask about pieces people never finished which you can get for really cheap. You can was off the glaze and basically start over for a much cheaper price.

Over all it was a pretty fun thing. Although it was more money than I remember spending before it was worth it. We pick up our bowls next weekend so I will post pictures then.

And to finish the present off I have made a couple of dish rags that are yellow and white that I bunched up to look like popcorn and I have a salt shaker I am going to fill with some seasoning for the popcorn. Then toss in a few bags of microwavable popcorn...and there you have it.

No comments: