Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Manners

Last night we were eating dinner and Jake was ready to be done. As is the case most nights these days. He doesn't want any part of dinner, whether is something he loves, likes, or otherwise.

After throwing food and pushing away his plate and drink and I told him (very nicely I might add) that we use good manners at the table. He looked at me and put his foot up on the table. It was so cute that I had to try so hard not to laugh. He obviously knew exactly what he was doing. Of course at 19 months I don't expect him to have good manners or even really know what they are. But I also don't want to wait until he is older to try to teach him what is appropriate at the table.

So I asked him (again very nicely....while trying not to laugh) to take his foot off the table. He then proceeded to put the other one up there too.

What a funny kid. Everyday I think he couldn't possibly be much cuter....but he is. I can't wait to see what he does tomorrow...but I also think that the days of saying what an easy baby are over and here comes a stubborn toddler with a mind of his own!

No comments: