Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Cookie Party

This Sunday I am having my first Christmas Cookie Party. All of our young friends and their parents are invited over for milk and cookies. A simple idea (from HGTV) to get everyone together for the holidays with out spending much money.

The idea is that everyone brings a dozen cookies. You munch on a few at the party, then each guest gets can take a variety of cookies home for later.

I really wanted to have Santa come too. The original idea was to have "Cookies with Santa", a fun little way for the kids to meet the Jolly Old Elf. And the added bonus of avoiding long lines and high prices for pictures with Santa at the mall. Not to mention the chances of getting a good picture would be much better.

But due to the economic downturn Santa has had to layoff some elves and is currently picking up the slack in his workshop. Also his travel budget had been limited to only Christmas Eve. Maybe next year....

Instead this year I will be playing Polar Express and just letting the kids play together.

I am really excited and cannot wait to post pictures next week!

No comments: